PORT DAY LABEL CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchase will not improve your chances of winning. The Port Day Label Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by the Center for Wine Origins (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age on December 12, 2011. Officers, directors, employees and their immediate family members (including, without limitation, those persons living in the same household) of Sponsor; and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, agents, distributors, retailers, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and any related companies are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize (collectively, “Contest Entities”). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in this Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, sweepstakes or game. Contest Entities may run multiple contests simultaneously. Entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules (the “Official Rules”).
- Promotional Period: The Contest begins on December 12, 2011 at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST), and ends on January 25, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. (EST) (“Promotional Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, (i) send a picture of an authentic Port label to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Port Day 2012 Label Contest Entry” or (ii) post the picture to your Facebook profile and tag yourself and the Center for Wine Origins in the picture. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Multiple entries will be accepted and will increase the entrant’s chances of winning. All entries must be unique; duplicate entries will not be considered. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize in connection with this Contest. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions, use of automated devices or entries generated by a script or macro are strictly prohibited. Entrants are subject to all notices posted online, including, but not limited to, the privacy policies. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, omission, theft, tampering, destruction, or alteration of entries. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for human failures or malfunctions of any kind (whether originating with sender, Contest Entities or otherwise) that may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, including, without limitation, entries received late, lost, misdirected or mistagged, incomplete, garbled, or illegible. The submission of any entry within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any damage to an entrant’s computer occasioned by downloading any information in connection with the Contest. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Winner Selection/Notification: On or about January 25, 2012, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected by random drawing (conducted by representatives of Sponsor) from all eligible entries received by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified on or about January 25, 2012, by e-mail, telephone or mail at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and will be given instructions on how to claim the prize. Entrants need not be present to win. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification, an alternate winner may be selected. Contest Entities shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner will each receive one (1) iPad 2 (16 GB Wi-Fi model; average retail value: $499).
- All fees, federal, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- General Conditions: No cash or prize substitution is allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a cash or prize of equal or greater value (in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each entrant’s name, hometown, biography, photographic and artistic likeness, voice and prize won, for promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrants if any such entrant fails to execute any required paperwork, refuses to participate in any promotional event in connection with the Contest, fails to comply with these Official Rules in any way or engages in any activity, which offends the public morals, embarrasses Contest Entities or violates the law of any jurisdiction. Except where prohibited, the winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release that must be completed, signed, notarized and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt or alternate winner will be selected. No illegible, incomplete or forged entries will be accepted. Entrants certify that their submission is original, that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted submission and that they have the right to submit the submission in the Contest. Each entrant agrees not to participate in the Contest in any manner that might: (i) infringe any third-party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or (2) otherwise violate applicable law in any countries in the world. The return of the winner’s affidavit of eligibility/liability release and publicity release within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the winner; Contest Entities shall not be responsible for delays in delivery.
By entering and participating in the Contest, you warrant and agree (i) to abide and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and represent and warrant that all information provided by you in connection with the Sweepstakes is true, accurate and complete as of the date of entry, (ii) Contest Entities are not responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law or in whole or in part, in relation to the Sweepstakes, awarding of any prize or a prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or suitability for use, (iii) Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or deem ineligible any entrant Sponsor suspects to be in violation of, or to have failed to agree to, these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner; (iv) if, for any reason, the Contest is compromised in any manner or is not capable of running as planned due to, without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest; (v) that all components of your submission are original creations, that any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism of another’s work in any form or state will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive awards, recognition, or prizes, and that you grant Sponsor the right to use, copy, modify, distribute, and publicly display your submission for any purpose, including display on Sponsor’s website, without any attribution or compensation to you, and (vi) to participate in any media or promotional activity regarding the Contest and, if you are a the Grand Prize winner or one of the three (3) entrants selected to be eligible for a viewer’s choice award, you agree that Sponsor may use your name and likeness to administer and promote the Contest and to conduct media interviews and promotional events..
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL CONTEST ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, JUDGMENTS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, THE ACCEPTANCE, AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES OR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE www.wineorigins.com (“THE SITE”), AND YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, JUDGMENTS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Official Rules and Winners’ Names: For Official Rules or the winner’s name (available after November 1, 2011), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Center for Wine Origins, ATTN: D.J. Carella, 1850 M Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036.